linzer tart served for one !
Been thumbing thru Alex Goh, pastry collection book when this particular recipe caught my eyes. His original Linzer tart uses strawberry jam, mine I use blueberry filing instead ( the one that you can buy at YUMMY in the small pastic ware) and added some strawberry jam for additional sweetness. Word of coution this tart is really sweet though. You can also add some raisin on top or some nuts for a different texture for the filling.
100g icing sugar
½ Lemon zest (grated)
250 g flour
100g ground almond
Some rasberry jam / or pie filling
1. Mix (A) until well blended. Add in (B) and cream until smooth.
2. Add in (C) and mix until well incorporated. Place in fridge for 30 minutes until firm.
3. 3.Take out pastry and knead lightly until smooth.
4. Roll between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 3mm thickness. line a greased 9-inch pie mould with the rolled pastry.
5. Sread some jam / filling (I use blueberry filling) at the center.
6. Roll the trimming pastry to 2 inch thickness. Cut into strip, and place on top of the filling to form a lattice pattern.
7. Egg wash the pastry and bake at 180° Celcius for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Mine was a bit dark brownish since i OVERCOOKED AT 40 MINUTES.Let the torte cool on a wire rack before unmolding.
**Although you can serve this torte the same day as it is baked, it is better to cover and refrigerate it for a day or two before serving. This torte is best served warm with a dollop of whipped cream. Dust the top of the torte with confectioners' sugar. This torte will keep in the refrigerator for about a week.